Practice Areas Overview
Our Denver Firm Provides Experienced Criminal Law Services
Providing exceptional representation at the trial, appellate, and post-conviction levels
The attorneys at Mulligan Breit, LLC, with more than 30 years’ combined experience, focus solely on criminal defense. We are former public defenders who joined forces to create a powerful team through our client-centered approach. Together we take on challenging cases involving:
- Sexual offenses
- Drug crimes
- Domestic violence
- Violent crimes
- Driving under the influence (DUI)/Driving while ability impaired (DWAI)
- Vehicular homicide / Vehicular assault
- Juvenile delinquency
- White collar crimes
- Probation violations
How we can help you
A hallmark of our firm is our multilevel approach. We represent clients at each phase of the criminal justice system. We are available immediately after your arrest ― or at the investigation stage, if you have learned you are a suspect in a crime. We prepare for your case with the thoroughness and assertiveness necessary to give you the best possible strategic advantage leading into trial and, if appropriate in your case, plea negotiations. Each action we take is strategically designed to move your case toward a favorable resolution at:
- Trial — To win a conviction, prosecutors must prove every element of the charges lodged against you beyond a reasonable doubt. As your lawyers, we vigorously demand that they do so and aggressively challenge them every time they fail to meet this strict burden of proof. With polished trial skills, we present a well-prepared, dynamic defense to the jurors and the judge.
- Appeals — If you were found guilty at the trial level, an appeal gives you another chance. Judges make mistakes and issues often arise at trial that deserve a second look. We have more than 30 years of collective experience drafting persuasive briefs resulting in bad decisions being overturned on appeal.
- Post-conviction litigation — If the appellate courts continue to uphold the trial court’s rulings, you have one more opportunity for relief. Our firm is well-respected throughout Colorado for our knowledge about post-conviction Rule 35© litigation, also known as habeas corpus. These proceedings are especially important if you have been convicted of a serious felony that carries a substantial prison sentence. We often are retained by other attorneys as expert witnesses in these cases based on our extensive experience and reputation in the legal community.
You need an experienced, sophisticated lawyer to effectively defend you against drug crimes. Colorado’s marijuana laws, for example, are in direct conflict with federal regulations and so create complex paradoxes through which we successfully maneuver. Because the amount and the manner in which the drugs are packaged can mean the difference between drug possession and drug trafficking charges, we aggressively scrutinize these crucial factors and the state’s evidence. We always remain mindful of how your case’s disposition can affect both your immediate circumstances and your future.
Consult with experienced counsel
Learn more about our team’s skills and experience in homicide defense cases. Call Mulligan Breit, LLC at 303.295.1500 or contact our firm online for immediate assistance. So there is no delay in representation, our criminal defense attorneys return after-hours calls. Centrally located in downtown Denver, our law office is within walking distance of multiple courthouses.