A Devotion to Criminal Justice
Marshall Breit is an experienced trial attorney whose practice focuses solely on criminal defense and post-conviction litigation. He is passionate about defense work and believes strongly in providing each of his clients with the best possible, results driven representation.
Marshall represents clients either under investigation or formally charged with criminal offenses in municipal, county, district, and federal courts throughout Colorado. He has years of experience advocating for clients that are “under investigation” and successfully persuading the government not to file formal criminal charges. In the courtroom, Marshall has secured countless victories on behalf of his clients at jury trial. He has extensive trial experience in cases ranging from sexual assaults, to traffic offenses, to domestic violence, to first-degree murder.
A significant portion of Marshall’s practice consists of representing individuals charged with sexual offenses. He has an in-depth understanding of the legal complexities that these cases present and equally as important, he appreciates the drastic and significant, life-long consequences that his clients face, if convicted.
Prior to forming Mulligan Breit, LLC in 2013 with his partner, Patrick Mulligan, Marshall Breit was a deputy state public defender for a number of years in Adams County. There, he tried more than 65 jury trial and successfully represented thousands of clients charged with everything from DUI to first-degree murder.
Criminal defense is more than a career for Marshall, it’s a family philosophy. Marshall’s partner Patrick, is also a cousin. Marshall’s wife is a public defender.
- B.A, Emory University
- J.D., University of Denver
- — Member of ATLA Trial Team
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Sexual assault
- Sexually based offenses
- Juvenile delinquency
- Appellate / Post-conviction relief
- DUI / DWAI
- Co-Chair, Senate Bill 94 – Adams County – Juvenile Services Planning Committee
- Mentor Attorney – Brighton Teen Court
- — Juvenile delinquency defense training – Colorado State Public Defender
- — Moot Court Judge – Mock Trial Teams – University of Denver, University of Colorado
- Researcher – Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- — Non-Proliferation Program.